A quality learning opportunity to meet the diverse needs of individual learners
MISSION: To provide students with the opportunity to learn and succeed in a safe and supportive environment with varied curricular options and supports services tailored to each individual student's needs.
It is the intent of ADVENTURES Targeted Services programs to provide students an additional learning opportunity that allows each individual to utilize their learning preferences, further develop their natural talents, and explore and expand their skills in order to reach new learning horizons.
SUMMER 2019 SESSIONS
Session 1 begins Monday, June 10th, and each session runs for one week. Sessions are held at Cleveland Elementary School from 9am-3:30pm each day.
Session 2 is June 24-28; Session 3 is July 22-26; and Session 4 is Aug. 5-9.
It's not too late to register for Sessions 2, 3, and 4. Contact Kristin Tuel at 998-0544 x9231.
What is ADVENTURES, a Targeted Services Program?
- After school and summer programs
- Promotes development of basic skills
- Serves students ages 5-14
- Students must meet criteria
- Academic, socal, and personal focus
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
What criteria qualify students for the Targeted Services Program?
- Academic, social, and/or personal criteria
- Have not made the same progress as same-aged peers
What is the purpose of the program?
- Provide additional time to build skills
- Identify skills not yet developed
- Provide activities that help students improve academic and social skills
May students do homework in Targeted Services?
- Program is NOT designed for this purpose
- Current homework may be used to teach and practice learning and study strategies
Is there a cost for Targeted Services?
- No, there is no cost
May students with special needs attend Services?
- Yes, with qualifiers
- An IEP meeting may be necessary to determine the appropriateness of placement
- Targeted Services does not provide support services for special needs students
- Students must be able to participate independently in a 15:1 student to teacher ratio
- Referral to Targeted Services should be a team decision
Is transportation provided for after school and summer Targeted Services Programs?
- Yes, transportation is available for students within the Fergus Falls city limits
How does a parent refer a student to the Targeted Services Program?
- Contact their child's teacher
- Contact the building principal
- Contact the Area Learning Center of Fergus Falls
What kind of progress toward individual goals can be expected?
- Progress of individual students varies
- Excellent attendance and a serious approach have the most impact
- Expect improved classroom performance
- Expect less loss of essential learning over the summer months
How is student achievement and/or performance monitored?
- Standardized tests at the beginning and end of the year
Who teaches ADVENTURES Targeted Services Programs?
- Certified teachers
- Paraprofessionals may assist students under the teacher's direction
What is a Continual Learning Plan (CLP), and what is its purpose?
- Identifies individual student needs
- States how needs will be addressed
- Is a blueprint for improving academic, socal, and/or personal skills
- Is reviewed and rewritten annually
Does my student have to attend all days of the session?
- Yes, students are expected to attend all of the session dates
Who do I contact if I still have questions about ADVENTURES Targeted Services Programs?
Please contact any of the following at 998-0544:
- Kristin Tuel, Coordinator, ext. 9231
- Scott Colbeck, Principal, ext. 9301
- Tindy Rund, Asst. Principal, ext. 9401