June 11, 2020
If you'd like a permanent copy of the KSS or ALC graduation ceremony videos, you can view them, or download them, in their HIGHEST QUALITY for free from this Google Drive folder.
Additionally, we will make DVDs of either ceremony for anyone who wants to purchase them. Each DVD is $10. The video quality on the DVD is not as good as the files available in Google Drive! The file sizes are reduced to allow them to fit on a DVD.
Please allow 7-10 days for your DVD to be ready, as we will be making them in batches as orders come in.
Please head over to the School Store to place your DVD order.
Supt. Drake: School re-opening update
June 10, 2020
Dear Parents, Students, and the Fergus Falls Community:
This communication is intended as clarification regarding the School District’s plans for the upcoming 2020/21 school year.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Walz and the Minnesota Department of Education have given directives to school districts with specific guidelines regarding how education will be delivered.
It is my sincere hope that September 8th will mark the return of face-to-face instruction where all of our students are back in the school buildings.
At this point, we haven’t been given the approval by the governor’s office to proceed with this plan. Essentially, I see three possibilities: 1. Students return to school and things return to normal. 2. We are directed by the governor to continue distance learning. 3. We are required to go into some type of hybrid or blended model which combines some aspects of distance learning with traditional face-to-face education in the schools. (Read more...)
Credit Recovery Summer School starts today
June 10, 2020
Students that have signed up, please check your email for the meeting time and link to your introduction meeting. If you have any questions, please email your instructor.
Kindergarten Registration is NOW OPEN
Are you ready to get your child registered for Fall 2020 Kindergarten? Then visit this site (enroll.fergusotters.org) for instruction, tips, and links to get it done!
If you received a Kindergarten registration packet in March, please mail it to McKinley Elementary School, 724 W. Laurel St.
Registration is NOW OPEN!
Stuff the Bus!
June 3, 2020
If your family would benefit from receiving support with school supplies for your child, you are welcome to complete this form BY JULY 17th.
Supplies will be made available through the United Way Offices of Otter Tail County.
Application for Educational Benefits
We encourage ALL families to complete the Application for Educational Benefits. You should go complete the form TODAY if: your economic status has recently changed; you are new to our district, or; you're not sure if you've ever completed it.
Questions? Please call 998-0544 x9232
One Book, One School
March 2, 2020
Adams school had a special guest Monday to help kickoff their "One Book, One School" festivities.
All First and second grade students were given the book Bigfoot and Little Foot by Ellen Potter, courtesy of a generous donation by our own Otter PTO!
Students will be reading the book at home and at school during the month of March.
Kari Love-Mainah, Nate Arens, Carrie Sikkink, Renee Erickson, Jen Thielke, Melissa Randall, Val Moxness, Kate Hajicek
KSS staff participate in Run Ranger Run event
February 4, 2020
Darby Project MN has 30 members (and growing) for this February's Run Ranger Run event. The goal is for team members to log 565 miles, which mimics Cory Smith's journey home to his family after a tough battle with PTSD. The "run" is growing each year as people are jumping on board to support transitioning military families.
KSS staff members are a big portion of this year's MN team, and we are enjoying sharing our goals with our students and hearing about how they are starting to set goals of their own. Students in Carrie Sikkink & Renee Erickson's shared classes are also walking a mile indoors each day (if their work is caught up, of course) to exercise and to "Pay it Forward" since that book will be a focus for them.
This is a fantastic example of our District work together and Thriving together!
Important Student Course Registration Information
January 7, 2020
Kennedy Secondary Students in grades 8-11 will begin registering for next year’s classes during the first 2 weeks in February.
During the first week, the School Counselors will visit classes by grade level to help with PRE-REGISTRATION. Students will be given a Course Registration Guide, registration sheet for the grade they will be going into next year, and a copy of their high school transcript (not applicable to grade 8 students). Students are expected to bring this information home to complete with the help of a parent/guardian.
During the second week, students will bring the signed registration sheets back to school and will REGISTER for selected courses online in Synergy. Students will NOT be able to register online without a completed registration sheet signed by a parent or guardian.
Special Holiday Otter Outlet hours
Show your friends and family how much you love them by getting them some Otter gear this Christmas!
The Otter Outlet store hours this week:
- 7:45-9:10 am & 12:30-2:30 Monday through Friday
- Special extended hours Thursday December 19: 5:30 - 8:00 pm.
Mission • Values • Beliefs • Goals
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Fergus Falls Public Schools is to prepare productive and engaged members of society by creating an environment where all students reach their full potential.
VALUES: Integrity, Enthusiasm, Respect, Persistence, Empathy, Resilience, Responsibility, Innovation, Commitment & Creativity
- We believe in a safe, supportive and respectful environment.
- We believe in being committed to every student’s emotional, social and academic success and well-being. These conditions develop compassionate and curious minds.
- We believe in providing students with challenging opportunities to reach their full potential as confident and responsible thinkers, problem-solvers and decision-makers.
- We believe involvement in meaningful activities enriches a person’s life.
- We believe we are stewards of our community’s resources and will offer efficient and effective learning spaces for students.
- We believe in creating an environment where staff are engaged and valued.
- We believe in open communication among students, staff, and families; and in cultivating strong community partnerships.
- We believe learning is an active and lifelong process.
The District will measure its effectiveness by:
- Expecting that students entering kindergarten meet school readiness goals.
- Achieving grade-level literacy with all third grade students.
- Closing the achievement gap among all ethnic and socioeconomic groups of students.
- Attaining college and career readiness before graduating from high school for all students.
- Having all students graduate from high school.
- Establishing effective two-way communication with parent/guardians and other stakeholders in the community.